Saturday, November 22, 2008

The Cuban Cookie Crisis

I posted in another entry about how I worked in Cuba at a cookie factory. I left it at that, and allowed your minds to wonder about the details of such a statement. How on earth did I get to that place?

It was only for two weeks. I would get up and get to the cookie factory by 6am, and be finished by 1pm. I worked the assembly line, taking four cookies of one kind and shoving them into a plastic container. Down the assembly line they would go, as the next person would take their own kind of cookie and find the right slot for it. Sounds like kindergarten, doesn't it? It was much less fun.

Despite the hairnets and gloves, you'd go home smelling like sugar. And that's not always a good thing.

Oh, and I should probably mention it was Cuba, New York. Not the communist country.

Disappointed in the story? I would be.

3 comments:

Amy T. S. said...

Hi! Or should I say, "Hi, eh?" DUH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so stupid! (Ooh - I said a bad word - I said "stupid."

Glad I found your blog.

My word verification word below is "blerrop." Maybe that should have been your new title on HP.

Bye.

Unknown said...

Dawn, you are cracking me up....i am MAJORLY disapointed!!!

i just added you to my blog that i never update.

Thelma said...

Cuba NY??? That's so not fair! Here I thought it was some kind of Communist Cookie Conspiracy!!

My word verification is bigonsiv. Totally better than Amy's blerrop.