Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Perfect Frame


My Nana was a painter. She must have done hundreds of paintings in her lifetime. Flowers seemed to be her favorite.

When I went to visit my family this summer, I was given one of her paintings. The frame was old, discolored and damaged, so I just brought the canvas. Since then, I've been searching for the perfect frame.

We just moved, and I found a box filled with 10 frames (I love buying frames for my photos, and if I find some on sale, I'm usually apt to snag a few for future use). None of these frames seemed to fit this painting. I wanted something special, since the painting is special.

We went to Wally World the other day for fishing stuff (oh joy!), and I found an end cap with discounted frames on it. I found one for $14.92 that looked perfect! It was reduced to $7.00. It was a little banged up, but I thought that added to its charm, and it is solid wood (some frames there are plastic... no thanks).

When we checked out, it rang up for $4.00! What a deal! And it looks perfect!

Now I just have to finish painting so I can hang it up!

7 comments:

Meridith said...

What a special addition to your new home!! Get painting so you can proudly display it on your wall!!

Scotti said...

How cool! And what a great find!

Thelma said...

Bee-yoo-tiful!!
What a precious thing to have in your home!

Liz said...

You are going to treasure that forever! Great find!!

Annie Shaw said...

Hmmm...For some reason, I am having a flash back to like 3 summers ago when you found all those frames on Clearance at Target. Remember that??? That was when I got "my" first masterpiece from you..."The Rock". Very awesome treasure you have there Dawno. I love it.

And I can not believe that I am JUST now finding your blog! What is up with that???? Love to you girl...

Annie Shaw said...

Oh wait, maybe that was 4 summers ago??? Good grief. Pathetic memory. Getting old. How long ago was it??? :P

Unknown said...

That's a huge score! I love a deal like that!!!!