Saturday, October 4, 2008

Sixteen years ago today...




On Sunday, October 4th, 1992, I sat in the second pew from the front at Moncton Wesleyan Church. The pastor told us how Jesus died for our sins, and if we believed in Him, we would live for all eternity with Him.


He asked, "Who here, if you were to die today, doesn't think they would go to heaven?" I knew I wouldn't, so I raised my hand. Then he asked those who raised their hands to go forward. I said to my friend, "I have to go."


I went forward and knelt at the altar. A woman knelt beside me and prayed with me. I asked forgiveness for my sins, and gave my life to the Lord.


I never would have imagined how my life would be, sixteen years later. I have been so blessed. Obviously, this life is not without its hardships, but I know that I am not alone. He is with me, always.


Thank you, Jesus!

3 comments:

Meridith said...

Happy Born-Again Birthday!!

Thank you for allowing the Lord to use you to spread His word... you are such an encouragement to me :)

Thelma said...

Yay Jesus! Praising Him with you today!

Carley said...

PTL!! Thanks for sharing your story!